GoGaDoll Celebrates San Francisco Chinese New Year Event
On Sunday, February 13, 2011, you will be able to meet the famed San Francisco Golden Dragon (Gum Loong) up close and personal.
Gum Loong is the finale of the annual San Francisco Chinese New Year Parade and now you will be able to pose yourself and your dolls alongside any part of the 238 foot dragon.
Dress yourself and/or your dolls for this unique photo opportunity.
Gum Loong will be located at 1 Kearny Street, at Market Street, San Francisco, from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Door closes promptly at 2 p.m.
You are encouraged to bring doll stands. Small props will be permitted. Nothing may be placed on the dragon or other parade items that may be present.
This GoGaDoll opportunity is being presented to you at no cost.
If you wish to attend, you must RSVP your name and email not later than February 5, 2011. To gain admittance everyone must provide his or her name with email, and checked off. Anyone not on the list will not be able to enter.
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTES:
- Please be aware, the Dragon is being readied for the parade and there will be support structures about the dragon, and storage boxes and various construction materials in the area. The site is not meant for young children or strollers. - No food or drinks will be permitted.
R.S.V.P. by February 5, 2011
I really, really can't thank our attendees, vendors, Guests of Honor, contributors, volunteers and staff enough for all coming together to create a wonderful con! The con really is by fans, for fans and it wouldn't happen without a team effort on everyone's part. Thank you, everyone, and big hugs!
- 1st - #6 - beamlette & ciara
- 2nd - #1 - Gayle
- 3rd - #5A - VtheYoshi & Catherine
- Judge's Choice - #13 - Dr. Seiji
- 1st - #4 - Glyndon
- 2nd - #7 - Carl
- 3rd - #6 - Karisu
- 1st - Gunsmith-Cat
- 2nd - Lori
- 3rd - Jill in WV
Lost and Found!!
There were a few lost items from the conventino that were turned into the Registration desk:
- Two small items were found near the chairs next to the Main Events Hall (where the Mass Wedding Event took place)
- One small utensil was left on the Registration table
Please email email@example.com with a description of the items to claim them.
Pre-registration is now closed!
Pre-registration for GoGaDoll is now closed. To gain access to the convention, you will now have to register at GoGaDoll. Please see our Registration page for more information.
Newest Guests of Honor: Lyn Raftis of esthetics by lyn, and Cheryl Austin, aka SDink
We are pleased to announce two more very special Guests of Honor: Lyn Raftis and Cheryl Austin! Lyn Raftis, of esthetics by lyn, or Thelyn, has been quietly providing faceups to the BJD community since 2005. Cheryl Austin, aka SDink, is a well known faceup artist whose work has been featured in FDQ and other publications. Lyn and Cheryl will be joining us for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, as well as presenting a demonstration of their amazing faceup techniques.
Peak's Woods' Hyunjeong Lee and Kyungmin Lee are our newest Guests of Honor
GoGaDoll is pleased to welcome Hyunjeong Lee, also known as Pan on DoA, and Kyungmin Lee, the owner and designer of Peak's Woods dolls, as our newest Guests of Honor to the convention. Not only has Peak's Woods been offering beautiful and unique dolls for five years, but they have also recently done two popular collaborations with Haute Doll, DollHeart and Val Zeitler, the Marie Antoinette and Halloween collections.
The Peak's Wood philosophy is best expressed in Pan's own words:
" The Peak's Woods company was built on a dream of love for BJD in 2004, and the concept for their dolls is that they are each fairies. Peak's Woods' SD size dolls are called 'fairies of color' (FOC), and there are also 'fairies of bugs' (FOB) that are MSD sized dolls: each doll has its own symbolic color or bug. Peak's Woods meets doll lover's expectations and requests with strict principles and pride: everyone is truly welcome to Peak's Woods."
GoGaDoll featured on BJDcollectasy
DollHeart's Golden Fer - exclusively at GoGaDoll!
Presenting a GoGaDoll Exclusive: DollHeart's Golden Fer for SD10/13 Girls. Limited to 40 sets.
Everyone is familiar with the exceptional quality of DollHeart's BJD clothing. Now, we are excited to present a fashion designed exclusively for the Golden Gate Ball Jointed Doll Association Convention, and only for registered attendees.
Golden Fer by DollHeart commemorates GoGaDoll's inaugural convention taking place on June 19-21, 2009. The dress is made in a never before used golden color and comes with a coordinating coat and accessories. Please note the very first extra special designer touch – gold-tone buttons!
Available only to registered convention attendees, the set is priced at $98.55, which includes CA sales tax (paypal payments to add 2.8% unless outside of the U.S., then it is 4%). (These figures have been updated as of April 1, 2009. We will honor the earlier price for sets purchased before this update.) There are two ways to purchase the set:
- Paid in full and may be picked up during the convention
- Accepting a non-refundable deposit of $25, with the balance to be paid and pick-up made during the convention
Don't wait until the GoGaDoll convention to purchase this extra special fashion. Being limited to only 40 sets worldwide, it is likely to be sold out before the event. Please email Richard Yep or Yvonne Li with your order, and we will confirm your registration.
There are more pictures of the Golden Fer here.
And the theme is...
The theme for the Costume Contest, Friday night Cocktail Party and a special event on Sunday afternoon has been decided:
Weddings – San Francisco Style!
Did you know that Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio were married at San Francisco's beautiful City Hall in 1954? San Francisco is a city of beauty and romance, and since the convention is in June, what better time to celebrate life and love?
There's no reason to limit yourself to just the City by the Bay for ideas. Weddings can also include everything from the Bride of Frankenstein to a shotgun wedding to a Vegas bride. Let your imagination run wild for the costume contest or the cocktail party.
Vendor registration is now up and running! Please see our Vendor page for detailed floor plans and registration information. Many booths have already been claimed – more than are indicated on the map, as they are going so fast we are having trouble keeping up with updates. Please email Kiya at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your chosen booth location before registering.
GoGaDoll 2009: Golden Gate BJD Expo – San Francisco – June 19-21
I am pleased to announce the new name and shiny new website of THE San Francisco BJD convention, GoGaDoll – The Golden Gate Ball-jointed Doll Expo. GoGaDoll is put on by most of the same volunteer BJD-collector staff who brought you Dollectable and will be at the same wonderful hotel, The Holiday Inn Golden Gateway. This year’s dates will be June 19-21, 2009 and...
Registration is now open!
We listened to all the feedback we got for this year’s convention and have made a few exciting changes:
- We moved the convention forward by a month to avoid the July con crunch.
- Friday evening is now not just a cocktail party, but will also be the Opening Ceremony. Attendees will get to meet our Guests of Honor and have their first chance at winning some fabulous prizes. Since Friday will be a much more inclusive event, we have changed our registration and pricing structure a bit to make it easier for as many people as possible to be able to attend, but to also not charge people for the evening who can’t make it. Because of space limitations, Friday evening is only open to 250 attendees, so be sure to register early if you don’t want to miss out on this fun event!
- Saturday morning will be all about shopping! There will be no programming until noon, so as not to distract attendees from the opening of the Vendors Hall.
- Sunday will be a slightly longer day to include a bit more programming, including some special events that will be announced soon.
- There will be a Lounge for attendees to be able to catch up with their friends from around the country, relax after hours of shopping and try on all the fun new stuff for their kids.
- We have a lot of exciting, new programming planned – watch this thread and the website for announcements – plus a number of old favorites, including the Swap Meet, Contests and Spa Night! In general though, we’re going to try to lighten up the schedule a bit, so that you’ll have more time to enjoy all the great events GoGaDoll has to offer.
We were able to negotiate the same great rate with the Holiday Inn Golden Gateway as we had last year, $149 a night, and also reserved a few more double rooms than before. We will post a link for reservation soon, but in the meantime, you can call (415) 441-4000 or (866) 272-7098 and reference GoGaDoll Convention 2009. The reservation cut-off date is May 28, 2009, so be sure to reserve early!
I can’t wait to see you all at GoGaDoll 2009!
First Guest of Honor: Charles Stephan of Charles’ Creature Cabinet
Charles Stephan made a surprise visit to our convention in 2008, but even though he wasn’t specifically scheduled for any programs, he proved to be such a popular attendee that we asked him back next year to be one of our Guests of Honor. Charles is the designer of the adorable little pig anthro, Elfdoll’s Alice Cherry Blossom, and recently started his own BJD company, Charles’ Creature Cabinet, featuring the whimsical Woodlings. Charles will be involved in several not-to-be-missed programs at GoGaDoll, including an exclusive talk with the designer and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies.